'Catfish' Co-Directors Looking to Direct 'Paranormal Activity 3' Next

Source: Bloody-Disgusting
Just when I thought there was no way they could do anything to make me interested in another Paranormal Activity sequel, they went and did pretty much the only thing that would actually make me excited to see it. Bloody-Disgusting is reporting confidently that Paramount is hiring up-and-coming filmmakers Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman, behind the controversial documentary Catfish last year (trailer), to direct the upcoming Paranormal Activity 3 sequel. I've been anxious to follow their careers and although there's rumors that doc will be spun off into a TV show, I'm much happier seeing them on this new project instead.

In addition to filmmaking team of Joost and Schulman, Paranormal Activity 3 will have a screenplay by Christopher B. Landon (Disturbia, Burning Palms), and will be produced by Jason Blum and Oren Peli, producer/director (respectively) behind the original Paranormal. This small group is already coming off of Insidious being the most profitable film of the year so far, so I'm sure they can do whatever they want in the horror world at the moment. That said, I can't tell you how excited it makes me to know the Catfish guys are behind the next Paranormal Activity. Because where can they go from here?! How will the story continue?

Some many questions, so few answers. Of course, plot details are being kept under wraps, so we won't really know what this is about until they start marketing closer to October. But wait - why am I excited for Joost & Schulman to direct Paranormal 3? Well, whether or not it was determined if Catfish was actually a real documentary (or not) is besides the point, as I think these two have the refreshing creativity and passion to come up with brilliant ideas to extend this franchise is a thrilling way just like Paranormal Activity 2 did. I feel like they've got more tricks up their sleeves that will really work well for this horror franchise and if this is their next big break, then make it so. I'm just curious to see what they'll do with this. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment